Position in the EC-funded ‘F-CHROMA’ network : Postdoctoral fellowship in Solar Physics at the University of Catania, Italy
A postdoctoral research fellowship in solar physics is available at the University of Catania (Italy) for work related to the project “Flare Chromospheres: Observations, Models and Archives” (F-CHROMA) funded by the EC programme FP7-SPACE-2012.
The successful candidate will work together with other Consortium members on the analysis and interpretation of high spatial and temporal resolution solar flare observations and the development of archives of observations and models. The particular emphasis in University of Catania is on the analysis and interpretation of multiwavelength observations of solar flares, on the comparison between observations and models, as well as the population of an archive of chromospheric flares observations.
– Applicants must hold a PhD degree or equivalent in astrophysics, physics or related disciplines;
– Documented research experience in solar physics, with emphasis on analysis and interpretation of solar flare multi-wavelength observations, including ground-based instrumentation;
– Independent and collaborative research skills;
– A good command of written and spoken English.
Duration and starting date:
– The fellowship is initally awarded for 12 months, and can be extended up to 1 year, depending on positive assessment and funding availability;
– The preferred starting date for the fellowship is around December 1st, 2014 or as soon as possible thereafter.
– The annual amount of the allowance is 29,880 Euro, not comprehensive of administrative fees burden. Travel funds will be available.
– The application deadline is November 5, 2014.
– More information and full application procedure: http://www.unict.it/content/bando-701
For any further information please contact Francesca Zuccarello firstname.lastname@example.org